Energy Cork is an industry-driven cluster pursuing coordinated actions to strengthen enterprise and employment within the energy sector in the Cork region. Energy Cork represents the voice of the energy industry in Cork and is supported by Cork City Council and Cork County Council through their respective Economic Development Funds. Energy Cork was conceived by Cork Chamber with a view to building on the unique opportunities for the region including the extensive natural resources, physical infrastructure, human capital and tradition of innovation to secure competitive advantage in the energy sector.
Energy Cork is a membership-led cluster and achieves its aims through the collaboration of its cluster members who have a wealth of experience in the energy sector.
The aims of Energy Cork are to:
- Lead the development of an energy cluster in Cork.
- Build and promote an identity for the energy sector in Cork.
- Support the successful implementation of national and EU energy policy.
- Stimulate interaction across the energy sector.
- Develop and pursue co-ordinated actions to strengthen business and employment within the energy sector.
- Attract energy related businesses and infrastructure to Cork.
- Ensure that Cork is recognised as the premier region in Ireland for energy education and research at third level and beyond.
- Encourage research and cooperation between the energy industry and third level institutions in the region and with national and international research centres.
- Lobby for the energy sector in Cork at local, national and international levels.